Obe and Cornelius

Obe and Cornelius
Obe and Cornelius

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Music

I love music, love singing in the car, love listening to it at work and it's most genres, except heavy metal and country (well the lead singer of Lady Antebellum is kind of cute!).

When I was in my deepest depression I could listen to music, but couldn't enjoy it, couldn't sing in the car and also turned to some "darker" and "moodier" music. Ok, now listening to that didn't help the depression at all, but it's what I chose to listen to.

During one of my therapy sessions we discussed my lack of singing and feeling light. Once I talked through that I found myself singing in the car again, singing in the house and turning to more "fun" music.

What am I currently playing right now? Well Glee is so super fun they are on my playlist, Lady Gaga (DUH!), and of course (this is for you Michelle) Erasure. I love Adele and if you don't have her album, 19, you need to buy it and her new album, 21, is released on the 22nd. Trust me, buy both! Annie Lennox can always get me through my day!

If you want little hidden surprises, put your iPod on complete shuffle of all songs. There are gems that you haven't listened to in a while that will pop up. Sometimes it's a blast from the past: for me, Hall & Oates"Private Eyes" or something so soul stirring (Beethoven's 9th, Ode To Joy) that it makes my heart stop with its beauty. You can even listen to Country if you want!

Go pop in a CD, 8-Track, Walkman, Discman or even vinyl today. Pull out some old music that evokes great memories, sing at the top of you lungs and above all PURR!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Yo Yo Ma and whatever he is playing is my current drug-of-choice...smoothes out the raw nerve endings. Can't sing to it (which is a good thing), but can purr along.

    ReplyDelete