Obe and Cornelius

Obe and Cornelius
Obe and Cornelius

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Wow, it's been some time since my last post. Lot's of stuff going on.....

First, we adopted a new cat. His name is Mephistopheles, Phiz for short. He's a brown tabby that we got from a local animal shelter. He's somewhere around a year old, a very wee thing of a cat. He's more than half the weight of Cornelius and boy is there some tension between the two of them. Phiz can hold his own, he's tiny but scrappy (and a love muffin to boot). He's my first purr in today's blog.

My second purr is no-kill animal shelters. We got Phiz from the Bristol Animal Shelter. There were two cat rooms, one for the healthy cats and the second for those under quarantine. Most in the quarantine room were new and under observation until they could be integrated into the healthy cat room. Next time you want to adopt, consider a shelter. Or at least consider a shelter as part of your philanthropy each year.....

Third purr! Wow, many purrs today........My third one is getting away from the snow/cold for a short time. I had to go to Orlando for a business summit last week. Now Florida is not my choice of destinations, but having said that, the temperature was in the '60s and sunny. It was nice to get a break from the endless snow that we've been having (but I do love me some snow!).

My mental state has been improving. I'd been in a slight dip the past couple of weeks but am feeling better. Not sure if it's the lengthening of the days, feeling more in control at work or that the meds have really stabilized me. Whatever it is, I'll take it.

Go out and enjoy the day and get at least one purr in.......

ps. Go Steelpacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment