Obe and Cornelius

Obe and Cornelius
Obe and Cornelius

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day!

Snow days make me purr! Even though we are all more connected with laptops, blackberries and wireless, it's still nice to be able to have a snow day and work from home!

Remember how you woke up in the morning, saw the snow and waited in anticipation to hear if your school was closing? I loved the feeling that the day was all mine, I could do whatever I wanted and that meant getting out in the cold and sledding!

I love the grey, overcast snow day. There's something cocooning about it, even though it's cold out, the soft stillness of the air, the muffled sounds are all comforting to me. Now that I'm older there is the driveway that needs shoveling, the cars need to be cleaned off and the steps shoveled and I prefer to watch from inside a cozy house than playing in it! But there still is that moment of excitement as the first flakes start to fall, the way my bedroom takes on a different quality of light and the crisp, pristine beauty of the snow on the trees and lawn.

SNOW DAY!

1 comment:

  1. You know, you're really good at this blogging thing; getting all your thoughts down in a kind of story format. I find myself looking forward to your next post as soon as I finish one. It's also nudging me to find purry-type things, which I am not very good at, at all. Thanks. :0)

    ReplyDelete